Go behind-the-scenes with Machine Head as they record their new album Unto The Locust. This is the third part of the metal act’s web series, and features never-before-heard snippets of some of their new songs. The clip also reveals how Robb Flynn, Phil Demmel and engineer Juan Urteaga brought their own kids in to sing on “Who We Are,” and that a cello and violins were added to a few tracks of the album. Best of all, Demmel showcases his finger-tapping mastery and then shares why “he’s psyched as shit” about the new album, due out in the United States on Sept. 27.
- Marty Friedman Shares New Album Details with Guitar World
- Trivium to Re-Release Hard to Find Debut Album, Ember to Inferno
- Hear New Firewind Single
- Def Leppard Scoops Up Album of the Year at Classic Rock Roll Awards Show
- Dave Davidson Inspired by his Signature Warrior
- Ryoji of Japan’s Death Metal Band Gyze Covers Beethoven
- Jackson Welcomes Guitar Hero Marty Friedman Back To The Family
- See Sleigh Bells Perform on ‘Jools Holland’
- Guitar World Gives Gold Award to Pro Series SL2Q MAH
- Mark Morton’s Favorite Guitar Playing Style?
- Misha Mansoor’s Latest Go-to Jackson Juggernaut Is …
- A #TBT Moment with Metallica as We Await New Album
TagsAdrian Smith Andreas Kisser Anthrax Big Four Chaos of Forms Chris Broderick Corey Beaulieu dave davidson David Davidson David Ellefson Death Angel Def Leppard Gojira Guitar World Hatebreed Interview Iron Maiden jackson Jackson signature artists Lamb of God Live Performance Machine Head Manraze Mark Morton Megadeth Metallica Metal Mike Metal Mike Chlasciak Misha Mansoor Music Video NAMM Periphery Phil Collen Phil Demmel Product Demo Randy Rhoads Revocation Rob Cavestany Scott Ian Sepultura Sleigh Bells Soloist Th1rt3en Trivium Video