Go behind-the-scenes with Machine Head as they record their new album Unto The Locust. This is the third part of the metal act’s web series, and features never-before-heard snippets of some of their new songs. The clip also reveals how Robb Flynn, Phil Demmel and engineer Juan Urteaga brought their own kids in to sing on “Who We Are,” and that a cello and violins were added to a few tracks of the album. Best of all, Demmel showcases his finger-tapping mastery and then shares why “he’s psyched as shit” about the new album, due out in the United States on Sept. 27.
- Jackson Welcomes Guitar Phenom Gus G.
- Ellefson Explains X Series Concert Bass Pickups and Tone Controls
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Transforms Scott Ian Into a White Walker
- Phil Demmel Used Newspaper Route Money to Buy First Guitar
- ‘Total Guitar’ Reviews Jackson X Series Monarkh
- ‘Metal is Appealing to the Outcasts’
- Experience Dead by Wednesday’s New Song and Video
- Scott Ian Gives Fret12 a Tour of Live Rig
- Rob Cavestany Highlights Gear Used on The Evil Divide
- ‘When a Bass Looks Cool, You Want to Play It’
- Stream Periphery’s New Song ‘The Price is Wrong’
- Hatebreed Enjoys Chart Success with New Album; Shares Song Meanings
TagsAdrian Smith Andreas Kisser Anthrax Big Four Chaos of Forms Chris Broderick Corey Beaulieu dave davidson David Davidson David Ellefson Death Angel Def Leppard Gojira Guitar World Hatebreed Interview Iron Maiden jackson Lamb of God Live Performance Machine Head Manraze Mark Morton Megadeth Metallica Metal Mike Metal Mike Chlasciak Misha Mansoor Music Video NAMM Periphery Phil Collen Phil Demmel Product Demo Randy Rhoads Revocation Rob Cavestany Rockstar Mayhem Festival Scott Ian Sepultura Sleigh Bells Soloist Th1rt3en The Metalworker Trivium