Lamb of God’s Burning Hourglass Anthology Offering
|Lamb of God’s Hourglass anthology Super Deluxe edition.|
Rightfully hailed by many as one of the most exciting and influential metal acts of the new millennium, Lamb of God is spending 2010 in celebration of 15 shred-filled years as the flag bearers of U.S. metal. To commemorate this auspicious occasion, the band now offers its Hourglass anthology—a comprehensive survey of the band’s career to date—in no fewer than five different editions, one of which includes a very special Jackson element. These are:
- Hourglass Three-Disc Anthology. Presents 44 tracks, including 18 rare and previously unreleased songs, on three CDs—Vol. 1: The Underground Years, Vol. 2: The Epic Years and Vol. 3: The Vault.
- Hourglass Vinyl Box Set. Linen-wrapped collector’s box containing 180-gram vinyl pressings of all six studio albums—Burn the Priest, New American Gospel, As the Palaces Burn, Ashes of the Wake, Sacrament and Wrath.
- Hourglass USB Box Set. All six studio albums on individual USB drives in a cigarette box-shaped collector’s package.
- Hourglass Deluxe Set. Includes three-disc anthology, vinyl box set and USB box set. Also features linen-bound 144-page book of Ken Adams Lamb of God art, which includes designs for albums, T-shirts and tour passes, and commentary by Adams.
And our personal favorite …
- Hourglass Super Deluxe Set. The Lamb of God mother lode. Limited edition collector’s set includes three-disc anthology, vinyl box set, USB box set, Ken Adams art book, 4’x6’ “Pure American Metal” flag, Hourglass sticker, signed 8”x10” photo and a Mark Morton Signature Series Jackson Dominion D2 guitar, all in a personalized Lamb of God coffin case.
Not too shabby. In fact, just take a look at the Super Deluxe Set photo at upper right and, while you’re at it, watch the video clip below of Epic Records metal maven Jason Lekberg doing a Super Deluxe Set show and tell session with Sirius/XM satellite radio metal master José Mangin. As for Lamb of God themselves, they couldn’t be more delighted about the anthology, and guitarist Mark Morton is especially stoked about the signature guitar that comes with the Super Deluxe version. “I’m thrilled to have the Jackson D2 included in the Super Deluxe edition of the Hourglass box set,” Morton said. “It’s all the riffs and the guitar that makes them come alive, together in one piece—as it should be.” For information on how to get your hands on any of the above, visit www.lamb-of-god.com. And if, like us, you’re lusting after one of those Super Deluxe sets, better act fast, because when they say “limited edition,” they ain’t kidding. So what are you waiting for? Smash that piggy bank band open and click to buy …