Emulating the brisk fretwork of his guitar idols, Jeff Loomis first burst on the music scene in his home state of Wisconsin as a teenager. After being crowned the winner of a Guitar Wars competition and a battle of the bands with his first band, Fear-Tech, Loomis landed an audition with Megadeth. Then only 16 years old, he was deemed too young to join, and instead went on to craft a complex playing style all his own.
Loomis has since seared his mark on multiple subgenres of metal with his distinctive rhythmic style, smooth technique and breakneck speed. His uncommon guitar style and sharp songwriting prowess became central to Seattle-based progressive metal band Nevermore’s sound, as heard on acclaimed albums Dead Heart in a Dead World and This Godless Endeavor.
After departing Nevermore, Loomis released two solo albums bursting with intricate fretboard action and soaring solos. Now, as guitarist for world-renowned Swedish melodic death metal act Arch Enemy, he adds brute force to his masterful and complex playing, and he continues to build on his legacy with truly astonishing riffs.
His connection with Jackson dates all the way back to the early ’90s and Jackson is proud to honor Loomis with the USA Signature Jeff Loomis Kelly™.
USA Signature Jeff Loomis Kelly™
- 25.5” scale length
- Ash body with sandblasted ash top
- One-piece maple neck-through-body with graphite reinforcement and scarf joint
- Bound 12”-16” compound radius ebony fingerboard, 24 jumbo stainless steel frets and mother of pearl sharkfin inlays
- Heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel
- Seymour Duncan® Jeff Loomis Signature Blackouts humbucking pickups
- Three-way toggle switch and single volume control
- Floyd Rose® 1500 double-locking tremolo bridge system
- Sperzel® die-cast tuners
- Available in Black with a matching Jackson pointed 6-in-line headstock with chrome logo